Calling all vegetarians! Our chefs at the Food & Wine Festival did not forget about you. This week, we are sharing our recipe for the new Portobello mushroom taco, found at our newest cabin, Tasty Taqueria.
Full ingredient list and instructions below.
- 2 Large portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 3/4 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 Cup Diced Red Peppers
- Corn Tortillas (warmed on grill)
- Shredded Cabbage garnish
- Take gills out of mushrooms.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over bottom side up mushrooms and bake for 8 minutes at 350°.
- In small shallow pan, simmer sugar, white wine, onion and red peppers until the consistency of a sticky marmalade sauce.
- Sprinkle cabbage at the base of the tortilla, then stack mushroom slices and a drizzle of marmalade sauce.
The Busch Gardens Food & Wine Festival takes place for an extended nine weekends, starting Saturday, March 4 and runs through Sunday, April 30. The event is included with any Annual Pass, Fun Card or daily admission to the park. Food and beverage is not included with park admission and is available for an extra fee. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages.
The best way to see all your favorite concerts and experience every culinary cabin is with a Busch Gardens Fun Card. And for a limited time, when you buy a 2017 Fun Card, you get a FREE Adventure Island Fun Card. Click here for more info.